TIPM Rebuild / Repair Service for Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, VW
Rebuild service is for vehicles that are experiencing problems that trace back to the vehicles Totally Integrated Power Module.
Your vehicle should be properly diagnosed in order to determine the cause of the faults you are experiencing and we will be repairing the TIPM based on your diagnoses and disassembly and testing of all the individual components is time consuming and would exceed the price to install new components anyway.
Our rebuild service will include replacement of all of the TIPM's internal micro relays.
The following issues are what is being addressed in the rebuild service:
- No start condition caused by faulty internal fuel pump relay or fuel pump is running all the time and draining battery
(excessive current draw from a faulty in-tank fuel pump can cause these relays to fail prematurely)
- Inoperative door locks
- Front or rear windshield wipers / washers that are inoperative or won't shut off
- Back Up lights that are inoperative or want to stay on at times
- Inoperative or stuck horn
To remove your vehicles TIPM:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Remove the positive nut and cable connection located in the corner of your TIPM
- Release the TIPM from the holding fixture by releasing the 4 retaining clips
- Carefully unplug all 7 cables by depressing the release tab in the center of the connector, flip the release lever downward and wiggle cables free. (These cables are unique to their positions so you won't need to mark their positions)
- Remove the TIPM from vehicle leaving the lid and all fuses and relays in their place.
Reassembly is the reverse order of disassembly but use caution when re-installing plugs and make sure that they are fully seated in position and avoid damaging or bending the terminals.
NOTICE: If repair attempts have already been made on your TIPM please contact us prior to sending your unit in for repairs.