1999 – 2003 Ford Windstar
Repair service includes repairs for:
1) Erratic gauge / cluster operation
2) Problems that cause the tachometer to flip around and got stuck in gear shift indicator.
3) Replacement of burnt warning lamps and back lighting
4) Cleaning of cluster and polishing of lens
* Broken tach needles can be replaced for an additional $35, others will be straightened out when bent and not broken.
* If you are experiencing an inoperative speedometer condition and the odometer reads all dashes, then a leaky shorted brake pressue switch may be the cause which can also cause the #10 fuse to blow.
Inoperative speedometers can also be the result of faulty wheel speed sensors (usually the front left) or defective ABS modules.
* If you are experiencing problems where your hazard lights are on all the time and won't shut off (particularly 2002 & 2003) then you may need to have your vehicle re-programmed at the dealership or at a repair shop that uses factory scan tools.